Saturday, March 24, 2007

A split second decision

Do I run or not?

That is the question I asked myself today as I walk out of the store and see the tram that I need to take go by. Since today is Saturday and there are only 4 trams an hour and because this is a big stop so there will (I hope) be several people loading and unloading, I decide to run. I cross two streets without looking to see if I have the green light and weave my way through old people all while carrying a big canvas bag full of groceries. Thank goodness there is a man pushing a stroller running in front of me going for the same tram. He goes to the next to last door because he needs room for the stroller, and that gives me just enough time to make it to the last door and jump in a second before the tram pulls away. Running for the tram is something I do more often that I would like. I've made a dash for it in the snow, in the rain, and across busy intersections. It can be fun if I make it, but if I don't, cursing is usually involved.

1 comment:

jess said...

to quote the ever quotable amanda, "running is of the devil...even when being chased a brisk walk is appropriate!"