Sunday, March 18, 2007

Loneliness

Sometimes it's just really lonely to live in another country. I like it here a lot, and I feel that this is where God wants me, but all my closest friends live about 5,000 miles away (I looked up the distance). I haven't really made any friends here that I feel like hanging out with no matter what. Plus, no one here makes me laugh so hard that I forget where I am or that I'm literally going to die because I'm laughing so hard that I can't breathe.

I know that God hasn't dropped me here in Dresden and forgotten about me, but sometimes it feels like that. Maybe I'm just in a funk, but this has been a hard weekend.

By the way, I'm going to try to get my driver's license tomorrow, so I can go 120 mph on the Autobahn. Maybe that would make me feel better.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

So you're saying that no one over there has made you snort tea out your nose like I did a few weeks ago at the coffee house??? What a shame!! :)

Niki said...

Just think about the conversation at Jen Sides old house. We were all around the table talking about waxing. That was funny stuff. I could go on but I am off to work. I hope you feel better.

jess said...

what was that??? butt-tea??

i love your laugh, holly! miss hearing it :)

Ginny said...

i know what you mean. sometimes even i'm here it's hard to find people who make you feel at home and at ease. something i have been thinking about lately is how God has given us that ache to remind us that we're not home. He wants us to long for something (him) but we usually end up pointing that longing to something/someone who really can't satisfy. i love you and was thoroughly entertained by butt tea out the nose.

Amy said...

Hey! Sorry it's taken me so long to catch up on reading your blog - I'm a day late and a dollar short on most everything these days! I know what you mean about missing close, deep friendships. Those don't come easily or quickly. I'm praying the loneliness subsides, and that God will provide for your needs and wants.

I've laughed about that butt tea many times since that night ... it looses something in the re-telling, though, as others just think I'm weird when I try to explain it! :)

Love you!
Amy

Unknown said...

For laughter so good it hurts... Queen Elizabeth, clotted cream and the prince consort. Nuff said! I love you. :-)

Holly said...

Butt-tea, waxing, Queen Elizabeth, clotted cream... Thanks everybody. That's funny stuff.