Thursday, October 11, 2007

Fall break

One of the things I like best about the schedule at my school is the way breaks are spread out. We have a week in Octobers, two weeks at Christmas, one in February, and one at Easter. It's really nice because I have been needing a break from school. Last year for fall break, I went to Tuscany for seven days that was the best vacation ever. We stayed in a farmhouse near Volterra and went to Florence, San Gimignano, Siena, and Pisa. I ate gelatto at least once a day. We ate at really superb restaurants. Plus, the lady who owned the farmhouse gave us homemade fig preserves, tomato sauce, and fresh fruits and veggies. It was heaven. Here are some pics.



These are views from the farmhouse.

Finally this is San Gimignano. I loved this city. Plus, it has the World Champion gelatto place there. Yummy.

I hope this year's trip will be just a fun. I'm headed to Paris. I've never been, so there's much to see: Sacre Coeur, the Louvre, the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Montmartre, Musee d'Orsay. I'm also looking forward to the food. I'll be sure to post lots of pictures when I get back.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I. Am. So. Jealous.