Monday, April 16, 2007

So happy together!

Five years ago today, my dad took me to Hokes Bluff for an early birthday surprise-Zoe! I thought we were going for some tractor part. Little did I know, I would be getting the best birthday present ever! Even though she had humble beginnings (I mean, Hokes Bluff!), she's been on an airplane and lived in two different countries! Here are some reasons why I love my baby girl.

She lost weight like a champ on her airplane diet last summer and didn't even make a peep on the flights.
She tucks herself into bed, even if it's my bed.
Her tongue is just a little too long for her mouth when she's sleepy.
She has the sweetest expressions.
She loves the sunshine!
She curls up like a bean when sleeping.
She intently watches outside for the slightest hint of a bird, cat, or other dog.
But most of all, she loves me back!!
In fact yesterday, I sprained my ankle fighting off another dog who tried to bite her. She's fine, but I'm not so great. I'll be fine though, and she's worth it.


3 comments:

jess said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU AND ZOE!
What a wonderful post. Love the photos. Who could resist those eyes? That other dog didn't know who he was messin' with, did he?

Humble beginnings, yes! She definitely moved up when she moved to the 'coe!

Amanda said...

What a good mommy risking life and limb for your furry child!!! :)

Haley said...

This is hilarious...aww Zoe looks so cute!