Thursday, November 8, 2007

Zoe Update

Zoe has now been home almost two weeks. We have been going to physical therapy three days a week. The progress is very slow, but there does seem to be progress. Although she can't walk yet, her reflexes and sensation seem to be returning. It's still hard though. I come home during the day to check on her, and the physical therapists is not easy to get to. I take two buses and then walk about three blocks or take three buses. Not fun at all. She got out her stitches on Monday and the wound seems to be healing fairly well.

The physical therapy is interesting. First, the therapist is Bulgarian and speaks German and Bulgarian, so I take my German dictionary, and he draws pictures. I can understand about 60% of what he says. He does things that teach Zoe how to walk again. He does exercises that practice the motion of walking. He also uses magnetic, laser, and electro-therapy. When Zoe gets a little better, he has a underwater treadmill that she can walk on that will support her weight. It's often painful for her, but that's actually very good. Here are some pictures that I took of her when I got her home.

She was sitting on a puppy pad because she has had a little problem with incontinence. That seems to be getting better, thank goodness!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

So pitiful, poor thing! Good to hear she's making progress though.

Haley said...

my poor Zoe!....she looks so sad :(

Mom said...

She is such a determined girl!!!! She will make a full recovery. Nana