Sunday, November 18, 2007

Seiffen

On Saturday, a group of us drove to Seiffen. Seiffen is a village in the Erzgebirge Mountains south of Dresden. Seiffen is where all those famous German Christmas decorations are made. We have seen some snow in Dresden, but nothing has stuck yet in the city because the temps are still above freezing most of the time. Since Seiffen is in the mountains, it has colder temps and LOTS of snow. I'm still really unsure when walking in the snow. It's scary!













I did some shopping for Christmas. It was really nice to get away for the day. A student from school was sweet enough to come by and check on Zoe twice. I'm getting in the Christmas spirit!

1 comment:

Niki said...

Well, I doubt you will see snow when you come home. It has been in the mid 70's here. A few cold snaps but only a day or two. It looks like you had a good time shopping. I would love to see some snow. Bring pictures when you come to visit. :) Give Zoe kisses.