Monday, May 14, 2007

Travel (Again!) and a Zoe update

Thanks so much for your prayers for Zoe. Today on our third trip in one week, the vet finally took x-rays, and noticed two areas of concern on her mid and lower back. She is stocked up on pain and other meds (including B Vitamins). It's wait and see now because Wednesday I leave and will only be back home for a day or two until June 2. I'm taking her to her usual boarder with strict instructions for no climbing stairs, jumping, running, or playing with other dogs. Pobrecita! How boring!

Now for the travel details. I leave for Krakow on Thursday with friends from school. Since Auschwitz is close, we are going there too. It should be a great trip, and I'm going with the funniest people I've met so far here. (Although they don't compare to Trey and Co., the Lunch Crew, or the Glencoe girls for peeing in the pants laughter) We get back Sunday just in time for me to turn around and leave Monday for Vienna with the Grade 10 on their European Destination field trip. We're there til Friday. There's a possible trip to Berlin for Saturday and Sunday to watch English movies, and then Monday, I leave to chaperone a Model United Nation group in Oldenburg, Germany. We get back Saturday. My poor Zoe won't recognize me!!

As I type, a good old fashioned Southern thunderstorm is going on outside complete with hail. A part of me wants there to be a "weather event," but it's just not the same without James in the weather center. He wouldn't have even taken off his coat for this one much less rolled up his sleeves. Oh what the Germans are missing with their sedate weather!

3 comments:

jess said...

that made me laugh! good ole james...

all that travel sounds splendid. i'll be praying that zoe does well w/ the boarder!

Amanda said...

Happy travels!!

Jennifer said...

Which lunch crew member actually made you pee your pants? Just wondering...Seriously, glad to hear Zoe is going to be okay.