Thursday, April 10, 2008

Homeward Bound

Well, as many of you know, my father has been ill for quite some time. He has recently gotten worse. After much prayer, I have decided to move back after this school year to be closer to my parents. In many ways, I am torn by this decision. I am happy to be closer to friends and family and to be a country where I speak the language. I am also sad because I really enjoy working with my students here. I will miss my friends here and all the traveling I get to do. It's much easier to get to Italy when it's just a 3 hour flight away instead of a 10 hour one. It's also much cheaper. I feel totally at peace with my decision though despite the fact that I'll have to pay three times as much for good German chocolate.

I feel that it's important that I am Gadsden, but I also have to get a job. I already have some prospects in Birmingham. I really enjoyed living in Birmingham, and I definitely need a job, but is this best for my situation? I'm just not sure. I would really appreciate your prayers!

I also have to end all my contracts here, find someone to buy/take my furniture, move out, and fly back with Zoe. I am praying for another teacher to take over the apartment. That would be a blessing. I will keep you updated on what's happening.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Can't wait to have you back!

jess said...

I know you and Gin have had such huge, difficult decisions to make recently! I admire your commitments and love for your families and I know y'all will be a blessing to them.