Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Hot!

We have had a heat wave for the past few days. Yesterday was 97! The day before was in the 90s too. Today is cooler but still in the high 80s. I don't have AC so I was really worried that I would be dying. Thankfully, last week was cool and my building is still pretty cool. I keep the shades and curtains drawn during the day and try not to go out. Tomorrow is supposed to be around 73 and I'm glad. It's just no fun to have Alabama heat without Alabama air conditioning. In fact, I don't know of a single place other than the dairy section of the grocery store that is cool. If it gets hot and stays hot for more than three or four days at a time, I will seriously think about going to Norway or Sweden.

3 comments:

Haley said...

What do people do if it stays hot? How do they cool off?

Holly said...

I've seen a lot of people in swimsuits so maybe they go swimming? I'm not sure!

Mom said...

It has rained all day and a cool front moved through Saturday night so the air is not as "heavy" as it usually is in AL in July.